Thursday, February 11, 2010
Thing #5 School 2.0
I really liked the required reading articles for thing #5. I think that school 2.0 is how education is going to keep up with the rest of the world technologically. As time goes on students will use technology in their learning process more and more. As one article stated the Internet world is changing from passive to active. People no longer just sit back and read now they make material themselves. Things such as Myspace, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and blogs are great examples of our changing times. In order to interact with kids educators must keep up! We as educators can take advantage of school 2.0 and use it to our advantage to interact with students. I feel like the school of the future will use less paper and pencils and more computers. As we discussed in class computers are becoming more affordable therefore students will have more access. I feel like the push to "go green" will also have an affect on computer usage. I think that school 2.0 will provide much more constant interaction among students and teachers than before. It is obvious that school 2.0 is going to change the way we learn dramatically. While many are scared of change with 2.0 I take the attitude that we have an opportunity to reach students in more ways than ever before. I hope that I am able to stay on top of this changing world in order to help my students the best as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment